Becoming fully alive in Jesus means doing life in community. That being said, we get it. You’re busy. The demands of your day-to-day routine are exhausting. In the middle of that, it’s easy to skim your way through life and settle for surface-level relationships.
But Jesus has something better in store for you. He wants to take that nagging sense of loneliness you feel and give you real community in its place. No matter your story or stage of life, we desire that every person at Plainfield Christian Church is part of a group!
ROOTED is an all-church discipleship pathway engaging people in a 10-week small group experience designed to connect people to God, the church, and each other. This is done by focusing on 7 rhythms of faith essential to a healthy relationship with Jesus but experience them in community. Those rhythms are: daily devotion, prayer, repentance, sacrificial generosity, serving the community, sharing your story, and worship.
New Rooted Group opportunities will be available in 2024!
We believe that there is power in creating community by opening our homes, as described in scripture concerning the early church (Acts 2:42-46).
A Home Group is a gathering of Christ followers for the purpose of practicing hospitality and growing in Christ together. These groups help us to grow through prayer, authentic Christian community, eating together, social interaction and biblical engagement.
Home Groups meet regularly in people’s homes and vary in size from 6-14 adults. Each group is lead by a committed, trained Home Group Facilitator.
Join a Home Group
We strongly encourage you to consider joining one of our Home Groups as you continue to pursue God with us. Please fill out the registration form and someone will be in contact with you.
Lead a Home Group
If you call Plainfield Christian Church home, and God is moving you to lead a Home Group, we want to come along side you and help you begin this journey. God calls His people to real, authentic Christian community. At Plainfield Christian, we believe that happens best in a smaller group setting and the Home Group leader plays an integral part of that. Please complete the registration form and you’ll be on your way to joining us on this journey of creating community.
Life happens to all of us. Unfortunately, that includes the bad with the good. Whether it be financial issues, divorce, or a time of grief, Care Groups exist to offer people support in dealing with traumatic issues in their lives.
It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now. If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. GriefShare groups meet weekly to help you face these challenges and move toward rebuilding your life.
Each GriefShare session has three distinct elements: Video seminar with experts, Support group discussion with focus, Personal study and reflection.
Current GriefShare Groups
- GriefShare Group | Tuesdays at 3-5pm OR 7-9pm | Room AN214
It’s common to feel isolated when someone you love passes away. In our GriefShare group, you’ll find that you are not alone and that there are others who understand what you are going through. Two identical sessions are offered on Tuesdays. Choose the afternoon or evening session.
- $10 donation for the books.
- Groups go from September 12 to December 5—anyone is welcome to attend a session throughout this period! Contact Billy Haskins with any questions.
- GriefShare Group - Surviving the Holidays: November 5 & December 3 | 2-4pm | Chapel room
The holidays can be hard when you’re grieving the loss of someone you love. Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Join us for a one-time seminar on how to get through the holidays during this difficult time. Choose either one of our sessions on November 5 or December 3 from 2-4pm. Contact Billy Haskins with any questions.
Bible studies are offered Tuesday mornings, Tuesday evenings, and Friday mornings. Childcare is available for the Tuesday Morning Bible Study.
Tuesday Morning Bible Study
- Tuesdays at 9:30am | Fellowship Center (enter Door 3)
- Studying Jesus & Women: In the first century and now by Kristi McLelland.
- Childcare is provided.
- Lindsey Polson and Becky Weaver are co-leading this group. Contact Lindsey to join!
Tuesday Evening Bible Study
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Meet in the Chapel room (Enter Door 11).
- Led by Diana McKowen. To join or learn more, contact Diana.
Friday Morning Bible Study
- Friday mornings from 9:30-11:00am (Room AW 102).
- We will be studying Acts.
- Led by Janet Gibbs & Lisa Roesler.
- For information or to join, contact Lisa.
Sunday Classes are a great way to connect with others at Plainfield Christian and grow in your faith, and there are many different opportunities available.
- Adult Bible (ABC) | Alan Hughes | Room AW 105
- Vine & Branches | John Lee | Room AW 102
- Discussion | Bill Strafford | Room AN 212
- Celebration | Ken Cooper | Room AW 101
- Cornerstone | Don Wilson, Jr. | Room AW 203
- Getting To Know The Bible | Peggy Hileman | Conference Room
- Ethnos | Stacey Peters | Room AN 214
- Closer Walk | Jon Arvin | Room AN 222
- Logos | Bryan Halfaker | Room AW 201
- Light Your World | Paul Nysewander | Room AN 216
- Illuminaries | Stacy Nolan | Room AW 208
- Teknon Theou | Jon Polson | Room AN 218
10:45 am Classes
- Simply Sisters | AN 214