Make A Difference
Scripture says that the church is not just an organization, it’s a body. In order for a body to be healthy, every part has to function in its designed role! Whether you’re good with kids, like to work outside, have a love for prayer, or prefer to stay behind-the-scenes, we have a role for you to play in the body of Plainfield Christian Church.
Whether you're good with children, like to work outside, or prefer to stay behind-the-scenes, there is a role just for you. We believe that the perfect place to serve is located at the intersection of your spiritual gifts, your God-given personality, and the needs of the church.
We need 8-10 volunteers per week to help our camera, audio, and video teams. Volunteers are will serve one week per month. No prior experience is required. Training will be provided. If you’d like to learn more, fill out the quick form below.
Info About Each Role
- Camera Operator (Camera): Operate a broadcast camera during services in coordination with the video director using broadcast standards for framing, zoom, focus, etc.
- ProPresenter Slide Operator (Slides): Operate our ProPresenter computer to display lyric slides, sermon slides, and videos during services via a Mac computer. No prior Mac knowledge required.
- Video Director: Direct and lead camera operators and ProPresenter operator in order to visually engage the congregation during worship and speaking throughout our services. Prior knowledge of video broadcast is helpful but not required.
- Front-of-House Audio Engineer (Audio): Mix and adjust all sound services for worship, speaking, and video during services using an advanced digital mixing console. Prior audio and/or music experience is helpful but not required.
We're on the lookout for passionate individuals to join our Cleaning Team! We have opportunities to serve throughout the buildings on short-term projects and on a scheduled basis. All abilities are welcome. Come serve with love, and let's make it better together! To ask questions or get started, fill out the form below.
Current Serving Opportunities
- Cleaning Team Project (Worship Center Seating): This project involves deep cleaning the Worship Center Seating. Deep cleaning includes removing dirt and stains from upholstery, cleaning the backs and arms of seats as well as the floor around seating legs.
- Worship Center: Serving will include vacuuming, mopping & dusting of the Worship Center. Also includes spot cleaning of walls and seating as well as other responsibilities. This serving role is performed weekly but all availabilities are welcome. Excellent opportunity for a Home Group!
- Foyers and Hallways: Serving includes vacuuming, dusting and removing trash from the foyers and hallways surrounding the Worship Center. Also includes spot cleaning of walls, carpet and other responsibilities. This serving role is performed weekly but all availabilities are welcome. Another excellent opportunity for a Home Group!
- Pier 14: Serving includes vacuuming, dusting and resetting seating in the Pier 14 buildings. Also includes spot cleaning of doors, removing trash and other responsibilities. This serving role is performed weekly but all availabilities are welcome. Another excellent opportunity for a Home Group!
- Children's Center (Tuesdays): Serving will take place on Tuesdays between 11:15a and 12:30p. This role includes vacuuming, cleaning tables and chairs and picking up toys in Children's Center classrooms 102, 103 and 105 along with around the indoor playground. Also includes spot cleaning of windows, removing trash and other responsibilities.
- Cleaning Team Serving: This individual will walk alongside Facilities Staff to empower and love a community of servants through recruitment, scheduling and appreciation.
Our early childhood team ensures that our kids ages birth to pre-k have a safe, exciting and age appropriate worship experience each Sunday! Whether its rocking babies in the nursery or leading a small group of 3 year olds through bible based activities, volunteers in the early childhood ministry work to ensure that each child's foundational experiences in the church will positively impact their faith for years to come.
There are a variety of opportunities to serve in this ministry area, and we'd love to help you find a way to serve!
Perfect Fit is our special needs ministry, tailor made to help children fully participate on Sunday mornings where they learn about Jesus, worship, play, and build relationships. Volunteers will be partnered with a student and serve as their one-on-one buddy during the student's Sunday morning experience. This will either be in the Perfect Fit classroom or in one of our other age-based classrooms.
Visually capture the ways God is moving in the lives of people at Plainfield Christian Church. This group of volunteers will capture images and videos on Sundays and major events.
- Photographer: Capture candid and group images of various ministries including kids, students, adult ministries, the main worship center, and other events or areas as needed. Photography will be used for church communication and event promotion.
- Videographer: Record videos in various ministries including kids, students, adult ministries, the main worship center, and other events as needed. Video footage will be used for church communication and event promotion.
Interested in serving in one of these roles? Contact Zoe Volentine for more information!
Our Sunday Morning Experience Team works hard each week to make sure you feel welcome here! Currently, we are in need of more volunteers to help with various tasks. Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to coordinate what we need help with and what works for your schedule!